Community Manager for Adults with Disabilities
Aug 11, 2017
The Work Activity Center is a non-profit service center committed to enriching the lives of people with disabilities. We are seeking an Apartment Manager who has experience in the Human Services field supporting people in residential settings.
The Apartment Manager ensures that all aspects of the residential program are performed according to standard and that residents' physical, medical, and social needs are met.
Schedule: Full-time; Afternoons, evenings, and weekends; the ability to have a flexible schedule is required. Starting Salary: $34,320 per year
The Apartment Manager fulfills the following duties:
-Provides direct supervision for other employees working for the residents.
- Schedules employees work time. Fills in employee's shifts as needed.
-Schedules daily routines and activities for individuals receiving services.
- Assists the Residential Coordinator in maintaining training for all employees.
- Develops and documents individuals programs for assigned individuals. Assures all necessary paperwork including but not limited to data collection, petty cash, fire drills, monthly safety check off lists, and doctor visit reports are completed.
-Ensures all medical and dental appointments and reviews are made and accompanies the individuals to the necessary appointments.
-Participates in and supervises other caregivers to assist residents with food preparation, housekeeping, shopping, community inclusion, monitoring of health needs, personal hygiene and money management
- Bachelorís degree related to human or social services.
-Two to five yearís related experience in the human services field.
- At least 21 years of age
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English
- Utah driver license and a good driving record
- Prior experience supervising a team of employees
-Experience working as an advocate or with parents of individuals with disabilities.
This is a full-time position with benefits, including paid time off, holiday pay, tuition reimbursement, and insurance benefits: medical, dental, and life. The ability to work a flexible schedule is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34,000.00 /year
Salary: $30K - 40K Per Year
Terms: Contract - W2
Location: Utah-Salt Lake City
Contact: Cara Small
Company: Work Activity Center
This record will be removed 60 days after its last update.
This position is currently active on UtahHelpWanted.com.